If you are looking for Anjana OM Kashyap Biography, then you are landed on the right page. Here you will know about Anjana OM Kashyap biography in deeply and some lesser facts about Anjana OM Kashyap that you didn’t know before.
|Real Name||Anjana OM Kashyap|
|Date of birth||12 June 1975|
|Age in 2020||45 years|
|Birthplace||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Profession||Indian Television Journalist and News Anchor|
|Famous For||Her Savage and Aggressive Coverage of various issues|
|Current Work||Executive editor of the Hindi news channel- Aaj Tak|
|School||Loreto Convent School, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India |
Delhi Public School, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
|College||• Daulat Ram College, Delhi University, India |
• Delhi School of Social Works, Delhi, India
• Delhi Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi, India
|Education/Qualification||• Masters in Social Work from Delhi school of social work |
• Honours in Botany from Dault Ram College, Delhi University, India
• Diploma course in Journalism from Delhi Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
|Food Habit||Pure Vegetarian|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Cooking and Watching Movies|
Anjana OM Kashyap Physical Appearance
|Height (approximately)||162 centimetre |
|Weight (approximately)||61 Kg|
|Debut- Journalist- Ankhon Dekhi on Doordarshan (2003)|
Anjana OM Kashyap Family
|Father’s Name||Late Dr OM Prakash Tiwari (Ex. Defence Officer)|
|Mother’s Name||Not Known|
|Husband/Spouse||Mangesh Kashyap (IPS Officer)|
|Childrens||One Son and One Daughter (Name Not Known)|
|Siblings||One Sister and One Brother (Name Not Known)|
Anjana OM Kashyap Favorites
|Favorite Food||Northern Indian Cuisine|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Movie Genre||Rom-Com|
|Favorite Color||White and Green|
|Controversy- She caught into controversy for giving illogical comments over the descendants of Rani Padmavati. It all happened during a heated discussion with the news anchor, Rohit Sardana over Padmavati where she passed the statement- ‘The present-day female descendants of Rani Padmavati themselves speak in English, have modern lifestyles. They have hardly any moral right to give suggestions on the right portrayal of Rani Padmavati in the film, which was later criticized on social media. |
2. After her marriage, when her husband, Mangesh Kashyap was appointed as the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of the South Delhi, it was speculated that he has arrived at this position not because of his talent, hard work, and seniority, but because of the influence of his wife, Anjana OM Kashyap.
3. Aaj Tak had to faced backlash when their anchor, Ashok Singal asked a sexist & inappropriate question to HRD Minister, Smriti Irani during the visit to the Delhi University. When Smriti Irani was addressing the university students, the anchor asked her the reason for being appointed as the HRD Minister by PM Modi. Despite being so young and having issues with her degree. The question angered the HRD Minister & a protest started against her by the audience there. She was the co-anchor of the show who also came under controversy for being a muted spectator to the community.
- Best Anchor by ENBA Award in 2015.
- Best Anchor by IMWA Award in 2015
- India Today Chairman’s Excellence Award.
- No. one Reporter of the year in National Television Award.
- Award by Ph.D. Chamber of Communication and Industry for Excellence in Journalism.
- She has received ITA Award for the best anchor in 2014.
|Income (approximately) – $855 Per Month and INR 7 Crore/Year|
Anjana OM Kashyap Career
- In the Year 2003, Anjana OM Kashyap started her Journalist career with the show “Aankhon Dekhi” (An investigative show) on Doordarshan.
- She joined Zee News for a desk job after giving up resigned from Doordarshan in the same year.
- After working in Zee News for about 5 years, she joined News 24 as an anchor in the year 2007.
- In News 24, she hosted the debate show “Do Tuk” and gained much popularity among people.
- In early 2012, she left the venture and moved to Star News.
- After that, she joined ABP News for sometime before shifted to Aaj Tak.
- Around late 2012, she is working in India Today Work as a Journalist and news presenter.
- Anjana OM Kashyap has more than 325K followers on her Instagram handle.
- More than 4.4 Lakh people follow her on her Facebook page.
- Anjana OM Kashyap has more than 4.3 million followers on her Twitter handle.
Anjana OM Kashyap Facts
- Does Anjana OM Kashyap smoke?– Not Known
- Does Anjana OM Kashyap drink alcohol?- Not Known
- She belongs to Bihari’s Ethnicity background.
- Her father belongs to the Arrach town of Bihar and her mother belongs to Bihar Sharif.
- She has exhibited strong leadership qualities since childhood.
- She wanted to be a doctor since childhood. So she gave various All India Pre-Medical Admission tests (AIPMAT) but couldn’t clear any of them.
- After completed her post-graduation, she prepared herself for the examinations of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), but again failed to crack this exam, despite being qualified for the Interview round twice.
- She was rebellious nature as a small child and always kept forward her point of view on even the smallest things.
- She has covered some very big national stories and major national issues including the news of Prince of Kuk who remained in the borewell for approximately 48 hours and the Nirbhaya Rape Case story also.
- Anjana met her husband Mangesh Kashyap during her days at Delhi University.
- Her husband Mangesh Kashyap, was the former Addl. Deputy Commissioner of the Delhi Police. Since 2016, he has been the Chief Vigilance Officer of South Delhi Municipal Corporation.
- Instead of Kashyap, she suffixed Modi to her name during the opening of her flagship show Halla Bol. Later she was trolled for this on all social media platforms.
- In addition to journalism, she has also made an acting stint in the Bollywood films- ‘Sultan’ and ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’.
- Her debate show ‘Do Tuk’ on News 24 got popular and gained wide popularity among everyone.
- Anjana did collaborate with various NGO’s to work for the resettlement of child rape victims and colonies.
- In the year 2012, when she was reporting on the Delhi gang-rape case, she faced even teasing by a group of boys.
- In 2019, Zee Hindustan released an adv. saying ‘Arnab Ki Debate Koun Sunega? Anjana ki jaroort thi Sirf kl tak and India mein Ab Rajat ki Adalat Band’ to announced the news of the channel going anchor got so infuriated. Her name was being used in the adv. enraged her so much that she shared this adv. on her Twitter handle with the caption ‘Naam Jara Adab Se Lijiye’.
|If you want to read Chitra Tripathi Biography, then click here.|